Monday, January 2, 2012

Never

You have killed me.
Cut me open like a hunted animal
tore out my heart for yourself to keep.
Sliced my soul into a million pieces,
is my soul yours to eat like a piece of meat?

You act like I am only yours,
keeping me to yourself, a treasured jewel.
Can you not share?
Be a child in school, share so others can have some too.

I am not yours,
I am my own.
Not nourishment to keep you alive.
Let me go.
Be my own.

Never,
will I be your precious jewel.
Never,
will I play this game, where only one wins and it is always you.

Learn to life like an animal without enough food,
needing more than one kill to live through the day.
Find another prey.

1 comment:

  1. I am proud of you for knowing you deserve more. You are a precious jewel but you belong to no one but God. And you are not someones possession or something to be played with. You are amazing, intelligent, talented and one of a kind!

    ReplyDelete